Friday, January 22, 2010

barry recaps his central american culinary adventure in haiku.

hey boys and girls. i should just clarify that my obsession with food during my travels into costa rica and nicaragua meant fewer food pictures than i would have liked - i was far too busy eating. but i did like the food - even most of the food at the resort i stayed at. enjoy!

costa rican fare,
so tantilizing...mostly.
load me up with pork!



oh, calamari.
breaded to oblivion.
do you see the grease?



imperial beer!
beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer!
you were good to me.






sketchy bus depot,
selling bagged meat with veggies.
oh, nicaragua!




curious pink stuff,
i wondered just what you were.
disguised coconut.




breakfast at le mar,
fried plantains, fried cheese, beans, rice!
your taste is sinful.

nicaraguan pop -
bottle pepsi delights me!
oh - bottle's reused.
:S


the beef makes me cringe,
the pork excites my tastebuds.
to them, chicken's king.




to monteverde,
where coffee is best - but wait!
just eat the sweet fruit.

1 comment:

  1. It was the same in thailand...how i miss bottled pepsi!! it just doesn't taste right anymore!!! :( MmMm calamari okay you've done it now im hungry!!

    ReplyDelete